Hello! My name is Mrs. Gardner and I am a School Counselor with the Capital Area Intermediate Unit (CAIU) working at Carlisle Christian Academy! This is my 9th year working as a School Counselor. Before working for the CAIU I worked as an elementary school counselor for students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. I am happy to be working with a broader age group as this enables me to see children develop from Kindergarten through 12th grade! I have experiences working with various life challenges and situations. At my former district I was part of Response to Intervention’s Positive Behavior Intervention and Support team.
As a professional school counselor, I:
- Provide individual and small group counseling
- School Counselors help students work through personal, social, emotional and educational issues such as self-respect, self-concept, coping skills, adjusting to transitions and life changes, interpersonal skills, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Provide classroom lessons and interventions as needed
- This includes organizing and presenting topics such as feelings, self-concept, self-control, conflict resolution, responsibility taking, decision making and school success skills.
- Advocate for students in consultation and collaboration with families and school staff
- Conferences, phone calls, emails, Student Support Team meetings
- Provide support for school programs as a consultant and member of the school team
- Consult with parents related to social, emotional, behavior, or academic concerns or questions
- Coordinate services with districts and community agencies, making outside referrals when appropriate