“…be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain…” – 1 Corinthians 15:58
My name is Joshua Brown, I was born in Collingwood, Ontario, Canada. I am studying to be a pastor, and have a burning passion for ministry. One of the most important things that I love to see is the growth of young people in Christ. Aside from ministry I am an avid sports fan, I love to watch but more importantly play basketball and soccer and I love hockey as well! I’ve worked in youth leadership at my church, and have co-captained my high school basketball team. I have used those opportunities to develop leadership skills and both have helped me to grow my desire to lead in larger settings. This summer I am excited to be returning to CCA camp not as a counselor but as the director! The best part about working here is that we get to have fun but also worship God as a part of our daily activists! For me this summer, my mission is to continue to improve our camp ministry while also having as much fun as can be possible!
Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:31, Ephesians 4:29
What can you expect this summer at CCA?
A meaningful experience where your kid can be just that – a kid, while developing a heart for positivity, creativity, curiosity and service in the following ways:
1. Health and Wellness: in the spirit of encouraging growth and personal development for our campers; weekly activities will focus on movement, nutrition and emotional health. You’ll find us in the kitchen whipping up healthy treats, enjoying the fresh air, building confidence and finding our voices through lots and lots of appropriate interaction.
2. Physical Activity: every Tuesday we will enjoy swimming at the Carlisle YMCA under the watchful eyes of YMCA lifeguards and CCA staff.
3. Field Trips: your child will enjoy weekly field trips which often spend time exploring the outdoors. In the past, we have taken trips to Pine Grove Furnace State Park, Bent Pine Alpaca Farm, Camp Thompson, the Harrisburg Senators, and more!
4. Service: your child is sure to develop an interest and spirit for helping others this summer
5. Daily morning Bible lessons that are both age-appropriate and applicable to the joys and challenges of being a kid in 2020. We’ll also get your child energized with daily worship songs and prayer before lunch each day!
Registration March 1 – April 20: $50
Registration after April 20: $99
5 days/wk $143 (CCA)/$170 (Non-CCA)
3 days/wk $111 (CCA)/$130 (Non-CCA)
2 days/wk $91 (CCA)/ $104 (Non-CCA)
*Multiple Children Discount = 10% off per wk fee
Camp Crusader accepts students grades K (must be 5 by June 3) through entering 7th grade!
Camp Hours are M-F 8:30 to 4:30 —
Early drop off is 7:00 and Late pick up is 5:30
Please email completed application to Jami Mirandou, firstname.lastname@example.org
FACTS is our Financial Management System. This is how you pay Camp Registration and Weekly Fees.
The cost of field trips is built into our programming costs. If students choose to visit concession stands or gift shops as part of the trip, these are the only additional costs for the trips.
“What an amazing camp. My son has been coming to other camps but this one was truly fun. The camp incorporates field trips, swimming, and water days and goes beyond other camps.” — Parent
“What an amazing summer camp! This was our daughter’s second year in camp and she has enjoyed every day – both summers. Clever activities, lots of time to run, climb and play, and Christian devotions, too. We wouldn’t go anywhere else!” — Jennifer, Parent
“I love summer camp because it’s fun and no one ever gets left out. The counselors are fun and awesome!” — Bree, Camper